Science Hall Addition and Renovations
An addition and renovation to this 1913 building transformed it into a modern, up-to-date complex for physics, biology, and geology, allowing the college to expand its science program and conduct more research projects.
The design fits the context of the historic campus, reflecting shapes and facades of surrounding buildings. Though the entrance was reoriented toward the street for a more prominent public presence, careful siting kept the traditional campus quadrangle design intact.
In addition to labs, classrooms, and lecture halls, the building has a planetarium and an observatory.
Photography by Robert Darby