Addition and Renovations
Improvements at the Kennebunkport Consolidated Elementary School consisted of renovations to the 1951 original school house and replacement of the 1966 gymnasium with a new gym, stage, music room, café and library. This addition provides a higher level of security and a means of allowing community use of facilities after hours.
The addition was built at the same floor elevation as the original school house which greatly improves ADA accessibility throughout the facility. Mechanical and electrical systems were upgraded to meet the current code guidelines. Sustainable design practices were incorporated throughout the project.
In addition to the building renovations and additions, the site was upgraded to allow for a separation of vehicular and pedestrian traffic. A new playground was built adjacent to the cafeteria and bus drop off.